SMS Survey Receipt | XM Community
Solved

SMS Survey Receipt

• 26 May 2023
  • 7 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

Is it possible to set a workflow to send an SMS notification to someone who has just completed a survey? 

icon

Best answer by Deepak 28 May 2023, 20:50

View original

7 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

@jmborzick A survey distribution via SMS is possible (XMD task) but not just a notification without any URL.

Hope it helps!

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

I’d be okay sending a URL if I can have some notification. 

I currently have a notification send to the survey respondent via email when the survey is completed. I need that replicated using SMS. I can work with it if I have to send another survey, but I haven’t been able to see a way to make that work either. 

From what you wrote, you’ve confirmed my suspicion that this can’t be done. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Qualtrics has only few post survey options. Unfortunately SMS notification is not available. You can automate is using your own sms distribution channel. 

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-options/post-survey-options/

You can check once with support team as well. Hope they can provide your any OOTB paid feature.

Userlevel 7
Badge +36

I’d be okay sending a URL if I can have some notification. 

I currently have a notification send to the survey respondent via email when the survey is completed. I need that replicated using SMS. I can work with it if I have to send another survey, but I haven’t been able to see a way to make that work either. 

From what you wrote, you’ve confirmed my suspicion that this can’t be done. 

If you can send URL try using XMD task and choose SMS, fyi it requires credits.

Hope it helps!

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Interest @Deepak . Thanks for sharing. I will try to explore it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +33

@Deepak Thank you! I wouldn’t have thought of using the XMD Task, but this will work for my purposes. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +28

Hi @jmborzick ,

By using event-based workflow post survey response is submitted you can send SMS notification to the respondent.

You’ll need API of the provider which needs to be configured using Web-service task.

Hope you SMS just holds text data information and no need of survey link.

Leave a Reply