Finding match and updating contact in a Directory based on survey embedded data | XM Community
Question

Finding match and updating contact in a Directory based on survey embedded data

• 21 December 2023
  • 0 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi! I'm aiming to create a Workflow in Survey1 that distributes Survey2, to a particular contact from a Directory contact list. The email address of this contact is stored in an Embedded Data field within Survey1.

My problem is finding a way to find a match within a directory using values in Survey1, then updating that contact and distributing a survey.

To elaborate: Survey1 is distributed to a group of respondents and is managed by a Project Manager X, The email address of Project Manager X is stored in an Embedded Data field in Survey1. Once Survey1 is closed, Project Manager X should automatically receive an evaluation survey, which is Survey2. This evaluation survey should contain references to the name and other variables from Survey1.

I've tried to achieve this by triggering a Workflow within Survey1 using a Survey Definition Event, and then distributing Survey2 using a Directory XM task. However, this method doesn’t seem to allow me to transfer or ‘pipe in’ data from Survey1.

I've tried to trigger the workflow with a New Response which allows for this data transfer (but it's not ideal). The problem is that the Directory XM task now creates a new contact instead of updating the existing one.

I've also tried using “Update XM Directory contacts”, but here again I get new contacts instead of an update of an existing one.

Identity resolution settings are set to “Email”. 

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply