How do I include embedded data in an XM Directory? | XM Community
Solved

How do I include embedded data in an XM Directory?

• 15 August 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I’m fairly new to Qualtrics and am trying out embedded fields. I would like to include embedded data in an XM Directory I created from a survey, but each time I try to add that (specifically, the City), the embedded data does not populate to the directory. Does anyone have any troubleshooting tips here? I am certain that I am missing some step, but I don’t know which one. I have followed the directions outlined in the attached picture to add a field to the XM Directory. Thank you for any help!!

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 16 August 2023, 12:48

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

Can you share a screen shot of the underlying screen? It looks like this. That might help Community members diagnose the issue.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Yes, good call! The image you attached above is exactly what my page shows. I then click on “Add or remove embedded data fields” and the following image comes up, which shows what I have tried adding (city). Despite it saving (which I’m assuming because what I wrote stays on this page after closing and reopening), I never see the city information reflected in the directory. I have added an embedded data question for city and that is saving in the survey results.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hi @kjnorth,

After seeing your second screenshot, i can see that while adding ‘Field Value’ you are adding location field ( i.e ${loc://City} ). Instead of this you will have to use embedded value in ‘Filed Value’.

Once you select embedded value ( i.e ~{aed://City} ) try to distribute once again to yourself and then check in XM Directory.

Let me know if this works for you :)

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Great, thank you! I got it to work. Appreciate your help!

Leave a Reply