Enabling Slider's "snap to grid" feature with "Constant sum slider" | XM Community
Question

Enabling Slider's "snap to grid" feature with "Constant sum slider"

• 17 August 2020
  • 3 replies

Hi everyone
I'm interested in creating a slider-type Constant Sum question that can snap to grid so that the slider can change at pre-defined increments (e.g, 5, 10, 15, 20 etc. instead of 1, 2, 3 etc.).
This is similar to the "snap to grid" feature currently available using Slider questions. However, my question consists of various choices (below) and I'm interested in understanding the breakdown of respondents' answers (whilst forcing a validation where the total sum of entries equal 100%).
image.pngAny assistance would be greatly appreciated.
Thanks!

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

One of the solution is to use slider question only and add custom validation such that sum of all choices selected is 100

Hi rondev, thanks for your response
I've tried that before but am not sure if the Custom Validation feature for Slider questions allows me to specify a validation criteria based off the sum of numerical responses for each option (see below).
Custom Validation only allows me to specify criteria for a single choice only, not for multiple / all choices.
If i'm missing anything, or have misunderstood your comment, please feel free to let me know.
Thanks!
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +22

We have to use math opearation on the last text box i.e. lets say if you have 4 statements (A, B, C, D) then you will select the custom validation as A "Is Equal to" 100 - ( B + C + D ).
Instead of "100 - ( B + C + D )", you will put math operation their with piped text at place of B,C,and D.

Leave a Reply