💫 Hidden Talents | Badge of the Month | September 2024 | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hidden Talents | September 2024

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between September 1 and September 30, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Task: Share a hobby or passion you enjoy! Whether it’s a sport, an artistic interest, or a side project, we’d love to hear about it. Be sure to comment on each other’s posts to keep the conversation engaging.

Just took up Mountain Biking! Not the best at it but loving learning something new

I finally decided to learn to play the guitar about a year ago. I was gifted a classical guitar on my 19th birthday by father, and for 22 years I brought that guitar with me to each new place I lived, where it sat in a corner unused.  I was always intimidated to learn, and as time went by I thought I was much too old to learn an instrument in my 40’s, but then I realized I wasn’t trying to become a rock star, just wanted to learn for my own enjoyment. I find it both challenging and relaxing! 

Hi @KylaPaulsen, that's fantastic! It's never too late to pick up a new skill, and it's wonderful to hear that you're enjoying the guitar for your own pleasure. Embracing challenges while finding relaxation is such a rewarding experience!

Spending time in my workshop making useful gifts for people - especially ones that involve probably my favorite thing to do - BBQ!

I love to see sport. It does not matter what kind off sport it is. But my most favorit is football also to play it by myself

I like to play cricket, its a fun game :) 

Channeling my inner Salt Bae, I love adding that final touch to a homemade tiramisu – it’s my favorite way to blend creativity and flavor in the kitchen

I love cooking 😁. If I was not in MR field so I was definitely be a chef or had my own restaurant 😉. I wish I will have my own restaurant someday. 🤞🏻😊

I love this idea! What kind of food will your restaurant serve? 🍽️

I’m sure, all Indian food @Michael_Cooksey 🤗. Here is the small glimpse of my cooking. 😉

I think it’s really cool that there are still new posts to read and it’s almost the end of September😃

with a full time job, a family and regular visits to the gym I don’t have much time for much else. But, whenever I can I love taking our dog Nuka 🐶 out for long walks after dinner. After growing up with dogs I did not have a dog in my life for many, many years. Rediscovering #mansbestfriend 💜 has been wonderful:

📣learning to communicate, not only how she grew to understand us but we also got to understand her

🤗human centric, how happy she always is to see us again and again and again

🌐network builder, she’s a reliable conversation starter when meeting other dog owners on our walks  

One of my favorite hobbies is hiking/backpacking. 

In my free time, I enjoy sketching and drawing. This helps me relax and to stay calm. I also enjoy going for walk, jogging, and being alone. Below are some of my recent drawings: