Lifecycle survey results connectec to Engagement Survey Dashboard | XM Community
Question

Lifecycle survey results connectec to Engagement Survey Dashboard

• 2 October 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi everybody, 

I was wondering if anyone has running Lifecycle projects and merges these results in a Dashboard for Engagement Survye?  We would like to try that for our company, so was wondering if there are some tips for that? I am especially interested in metadata of participants from Lifecycle being picked up in the Org Hierarchy of the Engagement Project. 

Thank you 

Livia 

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Great question, @Livia B! I wonder if @ElieD might have any input for you? Or @JuanBotta

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi @Livia B,

Unfortunately, I already tried engagement projects and Lifecycle separately, but not in the same project yet.

But it’s a very interesting question so I’m gonna try to find some time to make a quick test.

Keep you in touch...

Userlevel 7
Badge +31

Hi @Livia B,

Unfortunately, I already tried engagement projects and Lifecycle separately, but not in the same project yet.

But it’s a very interesting question so I’m gonna try to find some time to make a quick test.

Keep you in touch...

Thank you, @ElieD

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi ElieD  , It would be great if you would have some input on that. In case you manage a test, I would appreciate to hear about the results. 

Thanks  Michael_Cooksey for bringing into the discussion people who work with such projects! 

Have a nice day everyone! 

Regards, 

Livia 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi ElieD,

Just wondering if you had a test on this situation? 

Many thanks 

Livia Barilla 

Userlevel 3
Badge +14

Hello,

We are currently experimenting with this exact situation. Integrating lifecycle data into an engagement dashboard and vice versa. I would suggest using the Journey Analytics project type to join the projects together. it creates a very robust dataset that allows for a lot of comparative data views. Alternatively, integrating the data as a secondary data source also works depending on how your data is set up.

Setting up a Journey Analytics project will allow you to join your projects and create an integrated dashboard with both types of projects. There are two types of project joins available to you in Journey Analytics. I recommend testing each to see which satisfies your requirements the best. It is a very quick and easy way to set up a dashboard with multiple projects. Make sure you preview your dataset before publishing. This is the easiest method for bringing both together as trying to add a hierarchical based survey to a lifecycle survey as a secondary data source does not often work well within the system (or at all). 

Josh

These are the two project options for Journey Analytics

Userlevel 6
Badge +37

Hi @Livia B,

After some testing, there is no options to map the participant hierarchy in such a case because org hierarchy is not supported by Lifecycle project.

The 2 options I have tested are :

• Employee journey analytics
  • Mapping Engagement project in the Lifecycle Dashboard

The first one is an interesting way to map 2 data sources or more in a standalone project but I don’t like it. This options doesn't allow to map the hierarchy (as it does not exists in the Lifecycle project) and it is a point in time analysis. no way to automatically add your ongoing Lifecycle data. You will need to  manually update data each time you'll need fresh insights.

The second one is my preferred although we cannot map the hierarchy for the same reason.

My interest is to keep Lifecycle data ongoing in the dashboard along with the latest engagement survey results. I’ll be able to map my future engagement surveys and display long time and just in time insights along in the same dashboard.

Regarding the hierarchy, I suggest to build a 2-3 filters combination of departments instead of the real hierarchy. Lifecycle projects are more related to a department or position than a manager, unlike engagement. So with a good combination, you’ll be as near as you can to a real hierarchy, but it will work with your Lifecycle data.

Please keep us posted with your own thoughts and the solution you decide on.

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi  ElieD

Thanks a lot for testing this . I will discuss with my colleagues and let you know what approach will work for us. 

Regards, 

Livia 

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

Hi  XM_JoshB , 

Many thanks for sharing this approach. We will do a test . Definitely sounds interesting and maybe a good workaround. 

Regards, 

Livia B

Leave a Reply