Branch based on recorded responses? | XM Community
Solved

Branch based on recorded responses?

• 16 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hi,
I'm hoping this question is somewhere on the platform, but can't seem to find it.
Here's my case:
I want respondents to answer only 2 of 6 potential 'blocks' to keep the survey from getting unwieldy. Assume that there is earlier logic that not all respondents can answer all 6 blocks, so some of these blocks will more naturally collect more 'n.'
I want respondents to be routed to the 2 blocks with the lowest 'n' from recorded survey responses. My struggle is quotas seem to compare against an absolute 'n,' and not relative n.
Thoughts? Thank you!

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 17 August 2021, 16:59

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Hello acmoehnke -- it looks like you're asking about advanced quota options which is covered using the link below. I think you should be able to address that use case. (Word to the wise which I had to figure out in process: to enable quotas to work you need to associate them with a piece of embedded data, like the display of an element that all respondents will see. So you would need to embed data for each block for which you're interested in creating a quota.) I hope that helps!
Quotas (qualtrics.com)

Thanks Adam for the response. I've read through the online manuals, but I'm still pretty lost on this one. Tracking my understanding:
1) First, set each of the 6 blocks as its own embedded data
2) Establish a quota for each block that records if a response is submitted for that block (Embedded data--block name--is not empty)
3) Create branching logic that routes respondent to block with lowest amount of responses --> struggling here with the original question, which is how do I route to lowest amount of responses, and not an absolute number?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

acmoehnke I follow you and that sounds about right -- I'm not sure exactly how Step 3 will work in terms of routing to the lowest number of responses. I'm wondering if it may require some Javascript code, which I'm not very familiar on -- but I'm upvoting this in case someone else has some more ideas here...

Leave a Reply