complex query statement that includes multiple keywords | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all!
Currently, I have thousands of keywords provided to be used in textIQ that I believe needs optimisation. It's my first time working on TextIQ and I'm uncertain on how it will perform depending on my Query build. Please let mek now if this query would work as I intend it to:
(couldn't or could not) and (connect or speak or contact) || (advisor or agent) and (reliable or smart or knowledgeable)
so for the query above, I beleive it will be read as responses with: couldn't connect, couldn't speak, couldn't contact, could not connect, could not speak, could not contact and the query after the pipe(||) will be read as another set of keywords that is separate and not related to the first set of query. If yes, could this go on and on to add more individual set of query but is appended to the rest of the query? hope this makes sense. Thank you!

Hello Jaf!
We're also developing our TextIQ knowledge at our company and from my understanding your query will work. An easy way to do it is to simply apply the topic changes and have a look at was has been tagged. If you keep the same logic, you should be able to add as many strings as you want.
Side note - you may want to bucket your keywords first. From your query, I'm unsure of the parent topics or topics that you're looking to bring forward since there is a concept of non-availability in the first part and knowledgeability in the second. Obviously these 2 concepts go under the large "customer service" umbrella but if you want to report on different aspects of customer service, you may want to split similar keywords into different categories.
For example, in our current survey, we measure the satisfaction following a maintenance on a vehicle. Here are a few of our topics : knowledgeability, curtesy, cost, quality of work, time to repair, warranty, inventory.
Just a thought!

Leave a Reply