Prevent participant from restarting the survey? | XM Community
Question

Prevent participant from restarting the survey?

• 19 February 2024
  • 9 replies

Badge +1

Hi all,

I want my survey to do the following;

1- I want participants to access the survey for 7 consecutive days and do not want the survey to be resetted (the following day participants take up again from where they stopped)

1- Ideally I want the survey to provide different audio tracks (or materials) after each day, how can I do that? maybe set a timer that do not allow participants to continue the survey for 24hrs?

Thanks a lot,

Alessandro

9 replies

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

I’m not sure of a way to block them out for a true 24hr period or only 1 entry per calendar day.

You could build the survey into blocks for each day and set to embedded data so that when a specific question in a block is completed their embedded data value sets to 1. Then on the 2nd day they go back in you have logic that looks to skip block 1 if that embedded data = 1, and continue that on for each of the 7 “day” blocks.

Badge +1

Hello,

Thank you so much for the reply. And do you know something in relation to point 1? I tried to work on a test survery. If I reopen an incomplete survey it starts again from the beginning. Do you know how to modify this issue? I checked the settings, but seems some options have been changed in the newest version of Qualtrics.

Thanks

Badge +1

I think I should activate the option ‘Prevent multiple submissions’. This option seems to work if I retake the survey from PC (the survey restart from where it was left), however if I retake the survey from smartphone the survey is kind of reset. This is strange and it seems that the option ‘Prevent multiple submissions’ is not working properly. Any suggestions? 

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

I think I should activate the option ‘Prevent multiple submissions’. This option seems to work if I retake the survey from PC (the survey restart from where it was left), however if I retake the survey from smartphone the survey is kind of reset. This is strange and it seems that the option ‘Prevent multiple submissions’ is not working properly. Any suggestions? 

Turn on ‘Save & Continue’

Badge +1

It is already on, but the survey seems to reset. I need participant to reopen the link in a space window of 2 weeks and the survey to recover from the point they closed the webpage (so that every day they can complete a part of the survey).

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

It is already on, but the survey seems to reset. I need participant to reopen the link in a space window of 2 weeks and the survey to recover from the point they closed the webpage (so that every day they can complete a part of the survey).

Check to make sure ‘Incomplete survey responses’ is set to more than 2 weeks.

Are they using a email invite/personal link, authenticator, or anonymous link?

Badge +1

Hi TomG,

Thank you for your answer. The option is activated and put to 1 moth.

Email invite seems to work as I want (do not reset), however it needs to be an anonymous link, otherwise other features of the experiment won’t work. Is this happening because it is not an anonymous link? thanks

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi TomG,

Thank you for your answer. The option is activated and put to 1 moth.

Email invite seems to work as I want (do not reset), however it needs to be an anonymous link, otherwise other features of the experiment won’t work. Is this happening because it is not an anonymous link? thanks

If it is an anonymous link and someone moves to a different browser or device it is going to restart at the beginning.  It will also restart if they are using incognito mode/private window.

Badge +1

I know that, but it seems it is restarting if I am using the same browser, that’s the strange thing! 

Leave a Reply