Survey Response Quality | XM Community
Skip to main content

I’m conducting a survey and will offer a gift card. 

To maintain confidentiality, I will redirect participants to a different qualtrics survey to gather their contact information. 

I would like to only provide a gift card to those participants who provide quality responses. Is it possible to prevent speeders and straightliners from being redirected to the survey that I have set-up for gathering contact information?

Thanks for your advice!!

Could you create embedded variables to measure/ determine speedsters/ straightliners and then in your survey flow terminate those respondents.

There are built-in tools for quality - some of which can be referenced in the survey flow. See: Fraud Detection (qualtrics.com)

Also, @Tom_1842 created some embedded variables/ flow code to detect straightliners and/or use of the Q_StraightliningQuestions embedded variable. See: Selecting questions for straight line quality check | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

And, Qualtrics has inbuilt embedded data "Q_TotalDuration" which keeps calculating the survey response time in seconds. So at particular checkpoints you can check the range of time using branch logic. (Note: Q_TotalDuration does not work in offline app) (See: Straightliners & Speeders | XM Community (qualtrics.com))

Hope this helps.

Thank you !! I will give that a try !!

Leave a Reply