Counting incomplete/partial responses | XM Community
Solved

Counting incomplete/partial responses

• 24 January 2021
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 3
Badge

Recent_Responses.PNGMy survey has about 100 questions.
If respondents begin my survey and reach, say, Question 10, but subsequently quit without finishing the survey, I want to count all those attempts. It's for my basic statistics only, I just want to know the total number of such attempts. It's similar to counting Web page visits.
In the actual fact, my Qualtrics form is used as a web submission form for students advising (not as survey per say). So I want to know how many students reach Question 10, but subsequently quit without submitting the form. The form has a permanent URL link. So students submit the form via the URL link.
In 'Recent Responses' in 'Distribution Summary', are only completed and submitted surveys are counted? Why 'Completion Rate' is shown as "N/A" ? See the attached screenshot.
Likewise, in 'Data and Analysis', are only completed and submitted surveys are recorded and shown?

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 24 January 2021, 18:47

View original

1 reply

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Add an embedded variable after that block and set it to some value. Something like Reached_Q10 as TRUE. Then you can filter the responses where Reached_Q10 is not empty to see all those that have reached there.
However, if you have already collected the data, you can filter by Q11 was not displayed.

Leave a Reply