Email Alert triggers based on metadata! | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi Experts,
Is it possible to trigger alert notifications based on participant metadata field “department” for ex: HR Department, etc.
Considering the above, we are looking to trigger a alert notification based on the key words we configured within 5 topics, and also want to control this trigger based on department level. For ex: if a participant is from department “Human Resources” and responds the survey with a negative keyword, only then we want this alert to be triggered and notified to HR Department team. In this case they get to know from which department this participant was working and can act upon it.
Note. Since all the participants are loaded into Qualtrics with metadata (company, department, location, etc.) we are not collecting such information within a survey question.
Appreciate if you can share some suggestions and workaround here, thank you and have a good day J

Populate embedded data fields with the data from your contact list that you want to base triggers on. Then base the triggers off embedded data.

Hi TomG
Thank you for the response, if i correctly understood you, i need to create the following in actions
image.pngSince I've configured as TopicExists (which holds key words) for my questions in survey elements, In actions, I made them as embedded data field and set them as true, and then the email body contains the embedded data field
image.png
let me know if my understanding is correct here.
Thank you,
Pradyp

Pradyp ,
You got the department part correct. Make sure you add it as an embedded data field in the survey flow.
I'm not sure I follow the TopicExists part. In order to use embedded data fields in the action you have to set their values in the survey flow.

Hi TomG
Thank you for the prompt response, I tried to configure the embedded data in survey flow, however I just wanted to check if my approach is correct here, so that I can configure it as per my requirement.
image.pngOption 1: I've manually added the metadata field "department" and set its value as participant metadata department, assuming that any department should be considered for email alert trigger, will make sure all department names to be mentioned in Actions config as per my previous comment.
image.pngOption 2: I've manually added the metadata field "department" and hard coded its value as "Human Resources" assuming that only this department should be applicable for email trigger and the same department name will be mentioned in Actions config.
Appreciate your thoughts here :)

Pradyp ,
If you leave department (1) blank it will be automatically assigned a value from the contact list.

TomG
got it! I believe you are referring the same as below.
image.png

https://www.qualtrics.com/community/discussion/comment/27950#Comment_27950Exactly!

Leave a Reply