Mobile vs Computer | XM Community

Mobile vs Computer

• 10 January 2019
  • 3 replies

Hi there! I'm wondering if you have a generalized figure or educated guess on how many of your surveys get filled out by recipients on computers versus mobile phones. I will be surveying undergraduate students specifically. Trying to decide how much I need to be willing to compromise for mobile phone use.

Thanks much!

best,
liz

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +19
We are b2b, and I think my desktop use hits around 60% while mobile hits around 40%. However, I'm talking to people who are at their job! With just general population and consumer surveys, you're looking at more like 80% mobile usage. I bet with a younger audience, you're looking at even more.

Think about your participants. What kind of survey are you sending them? When are you sending it to them? How long will it take them? Thinking about them closely and what you are asking them to do will help you decide!

For instance: if you're asking them to take a 100 question survey about their university in exchange for a gift card, I bet more of them will wait to take it on their desktops. But it if is a 3 question assessment of a class, they will want to do it super quickly and will do it on their phones.
Userlevel 7
Badge +38
I work for a university but unfortunately for you we haven't been tracking device. However, if you wanted to do a small test to see how your students will behave you could and insert the Meta Info Question to get an idea of screen resolution and use that to gauge the proportion you are looking for.
Userlevel 7
Badge +27
Among general consumers we generally see about 58% mobile and 42% desktop. Among those less than 30 years old we see about 66% mobile and 33% desktop.

Leave a Reply