Offer an alternative to "Include Response Report" in Email Triggers (to remove "Statistic" details) | XM Community
Solved

Offer an alternative to "Include Response Report" in Email Triggers (to remove "Statistic" details)

Option 1:

I'd love to have an option that offered an alternative to "Include Response Report" in Email Triggers (to remove the "Statistic" details). Right now, for each survey/form I create, if I want to provide a link (in the email trigger) to show the information in a nicer format (as opposed to a plain text format) the display for the response report adds "Statistic" information under each and every question. And in most cases (when I create surveys and forms), this isn't needed and therefore adds a lot of useless information to the report.

What I'm suggesting is simply this. Provide two formats of the "Response Report" that is able to be inserted into an email trigger. One (which is what you have now) would be "Include Response Report - including Statistic Data for each question". Two, (which is what you have now) but without the Statistic data that could be called "Include Response Report - without Statistic Data for each question."

This will also make the information that shows up in the Response Report something that can be printed on paper or as a PDF with many fewer pages. The removal of the Statistic information (when not needed) will greatly enhance the usability of the Response Reports.

Option 2:

I'd really love to see the Response Report look more like the formatting that I see (for each individual response) when I go under "Data and Analysis" (for any individual survey/form) and when I go under Actions and click on "View Response." The formatting of this information is more in line with what we would like to see and would really appreciate being able to send out as part of our "Email Triggers." In this "View Response" the information that was filled out (in the survey or form) is placed in the actual fields, so it looks nice and neat and without a lot of extra and un-needed information. The "View Response" format (under Data and Analysis) for each form that is submitted would make a great way to offer a link to view the individual responses (through the Email Triggers).

I'm asking if this can be something that Qualtrics can look at and hopefully incorporate in Qualtrics sooner (rather than later). It would be extremely useful and a huge improvement in the way the Email Trigger data is displayed/formatted.

Please reply back. And if anyone else would also like to see this incorporated into Qualtrics, please add your comments.

Gary Gordon
websupport@njcu.edu
icon

Best answer by Emily 7 June 2018, 16:36

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +7
Hi @garymgordon! We think this is a great feature request and recommend that you post this in our Product Ideas category, as it is a feature not already developed by our team. Be sure to review the How to Write a Good Product Idea template and our Ideation Guidelines before you post your idea!
Userlevel 7
Badge +30
Thank you @garymgordon. I've been similarly perplexed by how anyone finds the current Response Report format useful, and have pleaded with Support and my Customer Success reps for a more reader-friendly report (modeled after the one found in the End of Survey object Download PDF link) for over two years now! Qualtrics, please make this happen!
Userlevel 1
Badge
I have this same issue. Until the "include response report" is more configurable, has anyone tried to simply update the trigger message body to show the survey question text and selected answers using piped text? I'm planning to try that out next.
Userlevel 3
Badge +6

Option #2 would be ideal and change the game for our use of surveys!

Leave a Reply