Save and Continue problem | XM Community
Question

Save and Continue problem

• 13 February 2021
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

image.pngHi Qualtrics Community. The explanation above says if you distribute a survey using individual links via email, the progress is automatically tracked. If you visit the survey using the same browser on the same computer, you can continue from where you left. However, as far as I can see, you don't need to use the same browser on the same computer to see your previously entered answers. In other words, let's say you start a survey on a browser on your laptop, answer a couple of questions and leave the survey without submitting it. Then, you use your individual link to visit the same survey on a different computer with a different browser and you see the answers you entered on the previous computer. So the progress seems to be saved to the link, not through cookies placed on your browser. How is this possible? Qualtrics tracks changes in a survey and save the progress to the link?

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

The above screenshot is valid for anonymous links. For individual links the data comes from the server.

Badge +1

so with individual links, Qualtrics autosaves survey progress all the time? You can continue from where you left on any device with your previous answers on previous devices?

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Yes.
image.pnghttps://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/distributions-module/email-distribution/emails-overview/

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

Though I think the current page would not be saved. Like, suppose one is page 4, enters some answers and closes the browser. When they use the link again, I think they'll land up on an empty page 4, which answers till page 3 filled up.
Because the internal mechanics are not clear, I'm guessing that the server updates the response each time the next button is clicked.

Badge +1

From what I understand, you don't need to submit the page for autosave. Leaving the page or refreshing it saves your current answers automatically. It didn't use to be that way. Refreshing meant losing your answers. I wonder when this update came.

Leave a Reply