Importing surveys to Qualtrics | XM Community
Solved

Importing surveys to Qualtrics

• 9 February 2024
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Hello! I’m new to Qualtrics. My lab has many measures in a pdf format that they would like to put into Qualtrics. Looking over the instructions for importing measures, it seems only .docx and .txt files are acceptable to import if I want people to be able to fill out the survey in Qualtrics. Would it be easiest to make the pdfs into Qualtrics surveys manually? 

icon

Best answer by Shashi 10 February 2024, 04:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +20

Hello @MoserJess,

Currently, Qualtrics does not support importing survey questions from PDF files. You have two options: either convert the file from PDF to a compatible format allowed by Qualtrics and then import the survey, or manually build your survey within Qualtrics.

For more information on how to build your survey manually, please refer to the link provided:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-module-overview/

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

@Sachin Nandikol Thank you! I couldn’t find a good way to convert the pdfs into an acceptable format, so I plugged it all in manually. It didn’t take too much time. I wish there was a better way to turn PDFs into a readable format for Qualtrics. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

We can either program the survey manually by referring to PDF as questionnaire or convert the pdf to docx using online tool, then format word in the Qualtrics acceptable format.

Leave a Reply