Search limittions: Created/Last modified date before October 2020 | XM Community

Search limittions: Created/Last modified date before October 2020

• 26 October 2021
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +23
  • Level 5 ●●●●●
  • 449 replies

Hi all,
It is now time for us to fulfil our Privacy policies and remove contacts from XM Directory based on retention policy rules. And here is a showstopper... I cannot search for the contacts in the XM Directory based on created and/or modified date for the time period starting earlier than 12 months ago 😯 I can search max Created/Last modified before October 26, 2020.
Like whaaaat?
How do I search for those created before e.g. January 1, 2019?
Example, I need to search for contacts created before January 1, 2019 and delete those of them last modified before June 1, 2019. How do I do that?

2 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +7

Hey MsIreen! You're not gonna like this... But here's what I got.
So my original thought was use a Qualtrics API to pull back the contacts and that should give you CreatedDate and LastModified, right? Well, looking at Qualtrics' API documentation, doing a GET on List Directory Contracts only returns these 8 fields:
image.pngIf you want Created and Modified, you'll need to call Get Directory Contact, whose last parameter is a contactId. Basically, you'd need to write a script to call List Directory Contacts to get all the contacts for your org and then a foreach loop, passing each contactId into Get Directory Contact and build your own list contacts and their metadata. This is a stupid amount of work that Qualtrics should account for in the GUI, but I don't have a better way....

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

Hi JeremyK you are absolutely right, I don't like this 😀
This is rather pecular that there is no simple option. I don't think that the action I am trying to do is so uncommon..

Leave a Reply