Use import file for Email Distribution | XM Community
Solved

Use import file for Email Distribution

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

HI, I'm new to the community and Qualtrics. We are using Qualtrics for Employee surveys once they leave the company. These Employees are coming from our HR software. I just finished building the Automation process using Qualtrics File Service. Now that I'm importing the Employee file how do I use it for a Email Distribution?
I've look all through the application but no luck .
Thank You!!

icon

Best answer by CarolK 24 June 2022, 14:18

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Hi @ddmason, what you need is a second automation, for distributions, that is triggered by the import automation. Basically, it's a two step process: Import, Distribute.
So, for our Exit surveys, a daily file is imported into a single list in Qualtrics, using an Import automation, and then that triggers the distribution automation, which will send the survey to the newly added contacts from that list.
Someone recently asked a similar question here: https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/47105#Comment_47105
Hoping that helps point you in the right direction!

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Right now I have an Automation that will import a file with Employees and Email Address used to send surveys. I used Qualtrics File Service for the Import source.
What would I do different for the second Automation? I'm not sure I understand.

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

image.pngYou need a second automation, that is for Survey Distribution, as shown above, and then you can set up that distribution automation to be based on the Import Automation:
image.pngYou would then tell it to base the distribution on the Automation you created to import your contacts. You'll be prompted for the Schedule (immediately after import, some time frame afterward, etc), to select the list (you'll probably want the one you created in the import automation), select the survey they should receive, the invitation message, any reminders, etc.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

OK, I see but I don't have the option to create a survey Distribution Automation.
image.png

Userlevel 7
Badge +37

Ah, then in that case you may need to speak to your brand administrator, in case you don't have distribution rights and/or access to this automation type.
Or if you're the admin, your Qualtrics success team may be able to confirm if that is accessible on your license.

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

Thank You Carol for your help - I appreciate it!!
I think I'm good to go

Leave a Reply