Matrix Table statements changing to a similar question in Dashboard | XM Community
Solved

Matrix Table statements changing to a similar question in Dashboard

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi! I have an issue when adding the data source of a survey to a dashboard. I Have 2 matrix table questions in 2 separate blocks with 7 different statements each (screenshot 1). When I load the data into a dashboard, the labels of the 2nd matrix table question statements change to the same ones as the 1st (screenshot 2). Why?

icon

Best answer by JohannesCE 5 May 2023, 09:20

View original

5 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +27

We can remap it in the dashboard settings. But please check if the variable naming is different for the two questions.

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

H1 @Shashi, I know that I can manyally remap it, but that shouldn't be necessary. It's strange that in the Dashboard the two questions get confused. By the way, the results/scores are different, it's just the labels that for some reason get mixed up. Here are two screenshots of the recoding of the 1st en 2nd matrix questions. Do you see any mistakes?

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

@JohannesCE - I have been trying to recreate this issue but unable to. I would recommend that you raise this as an issue to the Qualtrics Support Team. 

Also, wondering whether you got the matrix statements added as numeric value field type or did you change that yourself?

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

@JohannesCE - I have been trying to recreate this issue but unable to. I would recommend that you raise this as an issue to the Qualtrics Support Team. 

Also, wondering whether you got the matrix statements added as numeric value field type or did you change that yourself?

Thanks for the attempt @Mishraji. I changed the field type myself, because dashboard data maps it at Text Set and I prefer showing the results as 100-point scale scores. I've been trying to use a 10-point scale but that does not seem feasible: Recoding likert-scale to a 10-point scale | XM Community (qualtrics.com)

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Solved! In the English translation of the (Dutch) survey, the labels of the 2nd matrix were automatically translated as the ones in the 1st matrix. Because the dashboard language automatically reverts to the user's main language (English) and not to the survey's core language (Dutch), the variables were mapped incorrectly.

Leave a Reply