✏️ Version History | Getting Started Mondays | January 16th 2023

• 16 January 2023
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +20
  • Former XM Community Team Member
  • 451 replies

What is Getting Started Mondays?

Every Monday we will highlight a Core XM feature, and the post will include a description of the chosen topic, a support page, and related community content. The goal of this weekly series is to help users find support pages or community posts that relate to the topic. Remember to always contact Qualtrics Support for product-related issues or urgent questions.

Getting Started Mondays | January 16th 2023

Topic: Version History

Every time you publish or save your survey, you create a “version” of it. You can view, preview, or even restore past versions of your survey through a feature called Version History. This feature is specifically designed to keep a history of your survey changes and is a good tool to use when you need to revert to an earlier version or check what changes have been made since you last published your survey. 

Where to find this feature:

1. Navigate to the Survey tab and click Tools.
  2. Highlight Versions.
  3. Select View Version History.

Support Page Links: Version History

Community Post Links: Survey questions not displayed

Question of the Day: Have you used Version History before? If you have, what for? If not, why not?

3 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

JoseS - hey, I have certainly used Version History before and it has been super helpful all along. However, I have always hoped if there is a way to see in detail all modifications that I made in a survey version. Is there something available for this that I am unaware of?
Thanks,
Abhi

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

Hello Mishraji, I am glad to hear you've used this feature before! Unfortunately, while the version history feature does keep track of changes made in different versions, the descriptions of the changes are not very detailed.
You can view the descriptions by looking at the portion that states "Changes since previous version", but usually this section will provide the Question Number and tell you that it was modified/added/deleted.
My only suggestion would be to "View in Survey Builder" and compare the question to the most updated version, but still, this isn't exactly what you asked for.
I hope this helped answer your question! If you have any further questions I suggest making a new post in the Community, or going to our Support Portal. 😁

Userlevel 4
Badge +18

Thanks JoseS , good to know! 😃

Leave a Reply