Best Practice in terms of Closing Messege | XM Community
Solved

Best Practice in terms of Closing Messege

• 6 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

Hello Experts,
Can someone let me know how the error in the attached screenshot can be resolved, I have already checked the support page "https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/survey-module/survey-checker/common-user-mistakes/?utm_medium=ExpertReview&utm_source=product&utm_campaign=DescriptiveTextLastElement&utm_content=#DescriptiveTextLastElement" , but according to this I would need to remove the Closing Message block completely and this cannot be done as the message needs to be displayed before the respondent clicks on the Submit button to submit the survey response or go back to make changes which cannot be achieved using the "End of Survey" block.
Also as I am using a Randomizer in the survey flow to display 3 blocks randomly, I cannot put this text in one of these blocks.
Please suggest what can be done to improve on this message.
Screenshot 2021-08-06 154109.pngimage.pngimage.png

Regards,
Manjista

icon

Best answer by AdamK12 6 August 2021, 13:55

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Manjista It's noting that best practice is to end your survey with something other than a text block (for example, an open text block and the question "Would you like to provide any additional feedback about your experience?). Alternatively, you could put the same text at the front of the survey as a text block or as part of your introduction and instructions. That should take care of the problem.
I hope this is helpful!

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

AdamK12 - Thank you for your guidance, just one more query, in case I still opt to retain the closing message block and if the Expert Review still shows a Moderate level improvement in the Expert Review page, is this acceptable at a survey level score?

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

Manjista I think it's acceptable -- Expert Review is there as an automated tool to assess the survey, but it's not going to prevent you from sending the survey out. It's geared towards maximizing the response rate, so you might have incrementally more people abandoning the survey, but at that point in the questionnaire it shouldn't be much of an issue as long as you've . I hope that helps!

Leave a Reply