Dynamic logo in "Admin >Themes" based on embedded data | XM Community
Solved

Dynamic logo in "Admin >Themes" based on embedded data

• 15 September 2021
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 2

Dear community,
we have different webshops with the same corporate design but different logos. For the survey in question, we are currently using a theme from the admin section. Currently, a static logo is implemented there, but this can be removed at any time if it helps to solve the problem.
We now want to change the logo dynamically via an embedded data. We would tend to store the logo itself in the library, but we are also open to this.
Does anyone have an idea how to tackle this? I suspect a code-based solution, but I don't know anything about it and would appreciate your help. 🙈 In return, I am happy to offer my support with most non-code-based solutions. 😉
Many thanks in advance and best regards 😘
Marc

icon

Best answer by onxycircus 16 September 2021, 10:59

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +3

onxycircus My understanding based on previous posts on this topic is that logo cannot be dynamically changed. I had a similar situation. I set the logo display to none which will eliminate the white space of the logo and then used dynamic banner images as header. Create a contact list in directories and store the image URLs as embedded data. Use Authenticator to pull that ED into the survey and use it as image source (

Userlevel 7
Badge +30

My experience too is that Embedded Data is not compatible with Admin Themes. I tried to pipe text into a header in an Admin Theme before and it would not populate, even though it does in a header created locally in a survey's Look & Feel menu.

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You can add JS to admin themes and use it to dynamically change the logo based on the ED.

Userlevel 2

I have now made it very simple for myself:
image.pngimage.pngThanks for your help anyway!

Badge +1

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/40556#Comment_40556Thank you so much for this. Followed your example and managed to dynamically change the logos😎

Userlevel 7
Badge +23

I have now made it very simple for myself:
image.pngimage.pngThanks for your help anyway!

I think it is borderline genius! Will do same also 

Leave a Reply