Emails based on randomization | XM Community
Solved

Emails based on randomization

• 19 May 2023
  • 3 replies

Badge +1

Is there a way to send thank you or reminder emails based on randomization? I need send to specific follow-up surveys (Re-test Concept 1 or Re-Test Concept 2) to respondents based on how they were randomized (whether they received Concept 1 or Concept 2) in an initial survey. 

I am a relative novice at Qualtrics so I apologize if this has already been answered. 

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 19 May 2023, 21:03

View original

3 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

Create 2 blocks in survey as below.

In disply logic

In display logic both question property to be set as below to be hidden

In default choice property choose 1st answer code in the block 1 question and 2nd answer code in block 2 question

In survey flow create the randomisation as below

create 2 workflow as below (Im showing only 1 workflow for example) based on the random question condition. change the highlighted random question trigger in condition on the second workflow.

This will help to solve the issue

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

@praveengeorgeix and @PaulSiegel I tested this and though the base idea is correct there is a flaw in that if a question is never displayed no data gets recorded for that question. You can still take the basics of what @praveengeorgeix describes and tweak it to set embedded data…

Here’s the data with the two questions and display logic as described as above… you can see the values for Randomizer are blank. So there’s no data there to trigger the workflow logic.

This is a closer look at the data for the first record in the table…

I recommend deleting block 1 and 2 from the example above and instead use Embedded Data. So you go from this

to this…

Note it is really important that these values be in separate Embedded Data elements and not listed in the same green box.

That results in data that has assigned a randomized value in your embedded data field “Randomizer” (see the first four records with the embedded data fields versus the last two records using hidden questions).

You can now use the embedded data variable “Randomizer” to set up logic in your workflow as @praveengeorgeix described.

Userlevel 5
Badge +11

@PaulSiegel I can see the issue. thanks for rectifying it. Was in a hurry and didnt get time to test it before posting.

Leave a Reply