Reset Average Resolution Time | XM Community
Skip to main content

We started creating a ticketing process and submitted several test tickets but then didn’t revisit the process for several months. We’re now ready to go live, but the average resolution time is 75 days. Is there a way to reset the resolution time so that we can start from 0? 

@jmborzick 

You cannot reset that avg resolution time. But on dashboard you can add a filter to show post creation date of live tickets.

Hope it helps! 

@jmborzick given you created those tickets as test tickets, can you simply delete them?   This should remove the record and improve your reporting.  I believe you can only delete them one by one though, if deleting in bulk we have had to go through support in past for this.  

The alternative we use, is we created a new ticket status of archive, and move old tickets to this status before closing them.  Then when we report on tickets, we have a filter to exclude any tickets with the archive status.  We also automatically archive tickets after X days using workflows, with another workflow to send reminders to ticket owners to close.  This helps with some of the ongoing reporting we have to exclude these outliers, which initially impacted our reporting significantly.

@Deepak Thank you for your suggestion, but I wanted the Ticketing screen to reflect the correct time duration.

@ScottG, I should have thought about deleting the tickets. There were only a handful, so that was a quick fix. Thanks!

Leave a Reply