Creating a survey with 360 degree responses. | XM Community
Solved

Creating a survey with 360 degree responses.

• 4 November 2020
  • 2 replies

Hello,
I am working on a project which involves surveying 110 participants and measuring their scores along six dimensions. Then those participants will nominate 5 peers and the peers will rate their nominator along the same six dimensions.
I am aware that qualtrics has a 360 degree feedback tool. However, my university does not have the license to use this tool. I am wondering anyone has any recommendations about how I might go about this survey?
At the moment, my plan is to conduct two separate Qualtrics surveys: One of the participants and one for the peers. After I receive the data from the peers, I will need to work out the average scores along the six dimensions for each of the 110 participants and add them to the participants scores. This will mean working with two separate data sets will make the analysis complicated.
Has anyone every done anything like this before ? Or perhaps you could point me in the right direction.
Thanks for your help.

icon

Best answer by bstrahin 20 November 2020, 22:47

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +38

DavidGaule I don't have a direct solution. I helped an HR colleague once but we did all of our analysis in Excel.
Theoretically I think we could have done it better. You may be able to use one survey with help from some features (this is all a brainstorm on where to start, no proof but I know how helpful it can be to talk through ideas)

Userlevel 4
Badge +24

Someone on a different post also asked this, but my general recommendation is to avoid doing this manually - use Qualtrics 360 instead to spare yourself an intensive admin experience or poor user experience. Plus, you get very simple and clean subject reports at the end. See additional info from that post:

Your post sounds exactly like what Qualtrics' "360" project type is built to do. However, given your wording, it makes me wonder if you don't have that as part of your license. You could check by going to the "Catalog" and searching "360"...
CatalogSearch.png...or asking your Brand Administrator (as you might not have permission to use it even if it is on your license).

If it is part of your license, then I'd direct you to the 360 support pages, as they walk you through what you've asked about.

If it isn't part of your license, I would not personally attempt it. In my experience, those who have tried simulating the 360 capability with regular surveys ultimately find it to be either an extremely poor user experience and/or massive load on the project administrator. I would not recommend it.

Leave a Reply