How can you create a survey with randomized and fixed blocks | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi All,

I have a survey with 8 blocks (with different graphics and questions) that need to be randomized with a block to be _fixed_ at the beginning with instructions. That set of 9 blocks needs to be randomized with another two sets of randomized blocks. I tried to show what I need below. I need the questions within the blocks to appear in the same order. Any thoughts on how to do this? Any suggestions would be appreciated! Thank you.

Randomized (3 Block sets)

Block Set 1 (Randomized)

Instructions (fixed)

Block (questionnaire) 1

Block (questionnaire) 2

Block (questionnaire) 3...

Block Set 2 (Randomized)

Block (questionnaire) 1

Block (questionnaire) 2

Block (questionnaire) 3

Block Set 3 (Randomized)

Block (questionnaire) 1

Block (questionnaire) 2

Block (questionnaire) 3
You can use randomizer in the Survey flow. Add the first block with the instructions, and then add randomizer and choose there the blocks you need randomized:

!

THis way the questions will come in the same order, but the blocks will appear randomly
Thanks for your response.

However, it is still unclear to me how randomize the 3 sets of randomized blocks. If I put the instruction block above, it will be randomized with the other 2 sets of blocks. I have 3 sets of questionnaires (each questionnaire is a block) that need to be randomized with 1 set needing instructions to always come first. Does that make sense?
@tanastas you can just add them below, but not under the same randomizer:

UPD:I have now updated the screenshot to include the unrandomizable instructions in front of every block

!
I need the 3 randomizers to be randomized. Does that make sense? I need 2 levels of randomized.
> @tanastas said:

> I need the 3 randomizers to be randomized. Does that make sense? I need 2 levels of randomized.

Oh, now i get what you need.. Then you need to create groups:

!
> @tanastas said:

> I need the 3 randomizers to be randomized. Does that make sense? I need 2 levels of randomized.

You can use groups to put randomizers inside randomizers:

- Randomizer

- -Group 1

- --Instruction Block

- --Randomizer

- ---Block 1.1

- ---Block 1.2

- ---Block 1.3

- -Group 2

- --Instruction Block

- --Randomizer

- ---Block 2.1

- ---Block 2.2

- ---Block 2.3

- -Group 3

- etc...
Yes! I think that should work. Thank you so much!

Leave a Reply