5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2024 | XM Community

5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2024

5️⃣  5 For The Fight | Badge of the Month | May 2024
Userlevel 3
Badge +1

How to Participate

During the first week of each month, we will post a new question, topic, or activity for you to connect with the community and earn a badge. All community members who join our team and contribute a thoughtful comment to this month’s discussion, between May 1 and May 31, will receive this badge worth 50 points by the end of the month. 

Badge of the Month | May 2024

Task: Please consider donating for 5 for the Fight or the cancer charity of your choice! Share in the comments why you fight for this cause!

Happy 5 For The Fight Month! This month is an important one as we dedicate time and energy to the fight against cancer. Similar to last year, contributions will go directly to the 5 For The Fight Cancer Research Internship, a partnership between 5 For The Fight, Huntsman Cancer Institute, Howard University, and Morehouse College, as well as regional campaigns globally. 

The Qualtrics-led nonprofit, 5 For The Fight, is a global campaign inviting everyone to donate $5 to the fight against cancer. Each donation is made in honor of someone who is battling or has been touched by the disease. 5 For The Fight has raised more than $26 million to help eradicate cancer with one hundred percent of those funds donated directly to the world’s leading cancer researchers.

31 replies

Userlevel 5
Badge +24

I usually donate to the American Cancer Society.  My dad along with several other family members passed away from cancer.  On a more positive note, I know many people who have been in remission for many many years after battling cancer. The more research that is done the  chances of people overcoming the hurdle gets greater. Please donate to any cancer organization.  

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I usually donate to the American Cancer Society.  My dad along with several other family members passed away from cancer.  On a more positive note, I know many people who have been in remission for many many years after battling cancer. The more research that is done the  chances of people overcoming the hurdle gets greater. Please donate to any cancer organization.  

Thank you for your post, Tonya 💜 Cancer is a terrible disease that has robbed the world of so many wonderful people. 

I am glad to read, however, that there are people in your circle who are in remission! That gives me hope for the future.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

The Leukemia and Lymphoma Society (LLS) for blood cancers.  I’ve fund raised for them and they have been an indispensable resource.  LLS is also the featured charity of marathon weekend in Walt Disney World.  I cried the first time I met the team members last year.

My dad was diagnosed in 2020 with Mantle Cell Lymphoma, a relatively rare and particularly nasty form of the disease (he is currently in remission).  My mom and I would not be where we are today without the support of LLS to help my dad, so it really is a ripple effect of how these organizations can help entire families.

Badge

My aunt was in remission for 20 years before her rare cancer returned. She completed her chemotherapy treatment two weeks ago. As a result, my family and I make donations to the American Cancer Society and participate in their fundraisers. Additionally, I personally support the Lupus Foundation -- because that is what I have.  #LupusWarrior

Badge

Cancer has always been an issue of utmost importance to me, since I lost my dad when I was a little girl to cancer.
Previously I didn't have the financial stability to donate to any organization that could follow the research of this disease, but I did make my contributions like donating my hair to make wigs for children at the nearest cancer hospital or going to races to benefit people with cancer, but now that I have the opportunity to do more I won't waste it.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

I donated to 5 for fight this year following last year.
I think cancer is the biggest cause of social and environmental changes in the end.
I hope that the better earth to live on and many people suffering from cancer will be given courage and hope.

Userlevel 6
Badge +23

Sadly I don’t think anyone wouldn’t know someone who hasn’t been impacted by Cancer, and all the charities are worthy causes to support.

I have personal connections with QIMR Berghofer Medical Research Institute here in Australia who do some incredible cancer research amongst others illnesses and happily support where I know good research is being done to hopefully ease the pain it causes.

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

I also know many people who have been impacted by cancer, including friends in their 30s who passed away or are undergoing treatment now. In 2014 I participated in the Avon 39 walk, which was a full marathon the first day and a half marathon the second (39.3 miles total) to raise money to fight breast cancer, and it was an awesome experience. I also encourage friends and family to get screened often, as catching cancer early is one of the best ways to beat it.

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

I've met many young cancer patients and it's heartbreaking to see them struggle during their prime years. I always contribute to cancer research and support initiatives whenever I can, believing that even small contributions make a difference in fighting this disease and helping those affected.

Userlevel 4
Badge +11

This cause is SO important, cancer shatters lives and families and affects everyone at some point in their lives. Any cause that supports the search for a cure is a good cause. F**k cancer! 

Userlevel 5
Badge +20

This is a very emotional topic, as I have lost someone very near to me due to cancer.

I usually contribute for cancer research, along with this have also visited various cancer hospitals for some or the other support / voluntary work.

Do continue with all the great work.

Bless You all.   

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

I donate to the IWK Children’s Hospital every year on the anniversary of my daughter Antigone’s birthday and any time I am asked as a fundraiser or at a store checkout etc.  Tig was born with a congenital heart defect and lived for 13 days. She would be 15 now.

Userlevel 5
Badge +22

I have lost some very special people to different cancers in the last couple of years (Greg, Staci, Tim, Denise).  Last year I participated in the virtual 5 for the Fight 5K and this year I donated.  So many are affected by cancer each day, I appreciate what Qualtrics and 5 for the Fight do!

Userlevel 3
Badge +11

Loved that a vendor at X4 gave out money and gave us the opportunity to keep it or donate it to this cause! Of course we donated it back!

Userlevel 7
Badge +56

I lost my sister, Erin Korengold Markowitz, to lymphoma in September 2020, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. She and I had been estranged for many years and I was not able to say goodbye to her. But I think about her every day; she was a mother of two boys and a gifted dancer. I miss her dearly and honor her whenever I can by taking part in 5 for the Fight, which funds cancer research at so many institutions. 

Userlevel 2
Badge +12

What a wonderful initiative. 

I am pushing back hard against cancer taking those I love from me, and fully support efforts in this space. Thank you Qualtrics, for highlighting this opportunity, and giving it space and airtime. 

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I lost my sister, Erin Korengold Markowitz, to lymphoma in September 2020, in the midst of the COVID-19 pandemic. She and I had been estranged for many years and I was not able to say goodbye to her. But I think about her every day; she was a mother of two boys and a gifted dancer. I miss her dearly and honor her whenever I can by taking part in 5 for the Fight, which funds cancer research at so many institutions. 

Adam, thank you for sharing your story. I am so sorry to read about your loss. 💜

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Loved that a vendor at X4 gave out money and gave us the opportunity to keep it or donate it to this cause! Of course we donated it back!

This is wonderful! Thank you! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I have lost some very special people to different cancers in the last couple of years (Greg, Staci, Tim, Denise).  Last year I participated in the virtual 5 for the Fight 5K and this year I donated.  So many are affected by cancer each day, I appreciate what Qualtrics and 5 for the Fight do!

Megan, I am so sorry to read about the losses in your life due to cancer. 💜

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

I donate to the IWK Children’s Hospital every year on the anniversary of my daughter Antigone’s birthday and any time I am asked as a fundraiser or at a store checkout etc.  Tig was born with a congenital heart defect and lived for 13 days. She would be 15 now.

Thank you for sharing your story. I am so very sorry to hear about your loss 💜

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

My aunt was in remission for 20 years before her rare cancer returned. She completed her chemotherapy treatment two weeks ago. As a result, my family and I make donations to the American Cancer Society and participate in their fundraisers. Additionally, I personally support the Lupus Foundation -- because that is what I have.  #LupusWarrior

Congratulations to her for completing chemo! 💜

And thank you for bringing awareness to the wonderful work of the Lupus Foundation! 

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

This is a very emotional topic, as I have lost someone very near to me due to cancer.

I usually contribute for cancer research, along with this have also visited various cancer hospitals for some or the other support / voluntary work.

Do continue with all the great work.

Bless You all.   

We are so sorry to read about your loss. Thank you for sharing 💜

Userlevel 7
Badge +32

Cancer has always been an issue of utmost importance to me, since I lost my dad when I was a little girl to cancer.
Previously I didn't have the financial stability to donate to any organization that could follow the research of this disease, but I did make my contributions like donating my hair to make wigs for children at the nearest cancer hospital or going to races to benefit people with cancer, but now that I have the opportunity to do more I won't waste it.

This is a touching story! Thank you for sharing it 💜

Userlevel 4
Badge +14

Thank you for sharing this. I think we all know at least one person impacted by cancer. I love the idea that this is funding the next generation of cancer reasearchers as well. 

Userlevel 6
Badge +52

My grandmother died of breast cancer, and I believe it's crucial for all women to always practice self-care and take all necessary precautions. Hopefully, science continues to advance every day to help prevent these diseases, which are becoming increasingly common among very young people.

Leave a Reply