Question on 180 feedback surveys (configured using 360 module) | XM Community
Question

Question on 180 feedback surveys (configured using 360 module)

• 25 September 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 2
Badge +4

Hi team,

I am helping one of my clients to gather feedback from direct reports for their managers using 360 surveys. Can someone please help me with information on what is the best threshold value we can set when it comes to analyzing positive and negative gaps between self and direct report ratings for a particular manager in gap charts and scoring overview widgets?

Any information/input would be highly appreciated. I am just helping my client to let her know what has been the experience of other users here. Thank you in advance!

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

I think each organization could have varying/unique threshold values for the gap between self and evaluator ratings. I think a good way to base what the threshold should be is by looking at the previous years’ average gap scores for your specific company, if you have previous data for 360 surveys.

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

Also, just found this article that states employers’ tend to rate their employees half a point less on their evaluations on average. https://executive-velocity.com/decreasing-the-gap-between-managers-and-employees-performance-ratings/

Leave a Reply