Allow Subjects to View Some Content Again | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Allow Subjects to View Some Content Again

Hello,
We have a list of bullet points in the scenario that participants might want to review again. Is there an easy-to-set-up function to make it happen? (We don't have back buttons in the survey because we don't want participants to change their decisions.)
(Our design) The list is on the last page of the main scenario. After reading the list, subjects will be randomly assigned to an experimental condition (one graph from a pool) and answer related questions. The randomizer and the same set of questions will repeat multiple times. In other words, it looks like:
Main Scenario
(its last page is the content that participants might read again if they want)
Graph#1
Question# 1
Graph#2
Question #2
Graph#3
Question #3
(Goal) We don't want participants to change the answers to previous questions when been assign to another graph. However, we would like them to access the last page of the scenario, which is the list of bullet points-- it can be too much to remember. (We are ok with allowing subjects to go back to read the whole scenario.)
I am new to Qualtrics. It will be greatly appreciated if you are willing to provide more details about setting up the function.
Thank you very much for your time and help!

I can think of two ways to achieve this:

1. You can add a descriptive text question at the end of the main scenario and pipe in answers from the previous questions.

2. In the second setup, you will have to create two surveys. Your first survey will end at the main scenario. In survey flow, add end of survey element and configure it as follows:

image.pngThe redirect URL should be the URL of your second survey which has the experimental questions.

Hi Mishraji,
Thanks very much for your reply. Yes, we add the list as a descriptive text question at the end of the main scenario. May I know more about how to use piped answers to reach our goal?
( I edit our question to describe our design and goal more clearly. Hope it makes sense. )
Thanks again!

Now that I have more clarity on the requirement, the easiest way to do this would be to pipe the descriptive text question in the look and feel-->footer. This will display the main points that someone might want to review on all subsequent pages.

Hi Mishraji, thanks very much for your time and help!  

Leave a Reply