Manually adding benchmark scores to Results tab widgets | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi! What would be the most efficent way to add a custom benchmark score to the Results page in the Survey Platform? I understand this has to be done manually, but how?

Hello @JohannesCE 

To add a benchmark manually you can navigate to your dashboard - settings - benchmark editor that should be located at the very bottom I believe. Click the drop down arrow and there will be an option to import your own benchmarks. You have a few options on the configuring your benchmark but usually I got with “New Benchmarks”, “CSV”, and from here “Download Template”.

Downloading the template will make everything easier where you can add those benchmarks you have the ability to add those benchmarks and name them. Save that file once completed as a CSV UTF-8 Encoded and choose that file within the Benchmark Editor. 

From here you select your metric type of your choosing and lastly you can review your import to double check that your data is mapped correctly and upload those benchmarks! It is easier said than done but Qualtrics I believe has a support page that I followed for extra help on this! I hope this helps and answers your question. 

I can send you that link to the support page if you need it?

Hello @JohannesCE 

To add a benchmark manually you can navigate to your dashboard - settings - benchmark editor that should be located at the very bottom I believe. Click the drop down arrow and there will be an option to import your own benchmarks. You have a few options on the configuring your benchmark but usually I got with “New Benchmarks”, “CSV”, and from here “Download Template”.

Downloading the template will make everything easier where you can add those benchmarks you have the ability to add those benchmarks and name them. Save that file once completed as a CSV UTF-8 Encoded and choose that file within the Benchmark Editor. 

From here you select your metric type of your choosing and lastly you can review your import to double check that your data is mapped correctly and upload those benchmarks! It is easier said than done but Qualtrics I believe has a support page that I followed for extra help on this! I hope this helps and answers your question. 

I can send you that link to the support page if you need it?

@EricCrayon101 but how do we do this in the Results/Reports section of the Survey Platform?

Hello @JohannesCE 

It really depends on which widget you are trying to add it too. The only compatible widgets that can use display benchmarks are: 

• Simple Chart
  • Gauge Chart
  • Number Chart
  • Simple Chart
  • Pivot Chart

It can be added as a metric once the benchmark is set up but this is the only way you can add it to your results page.

Hello @JohannesCE 

It really depends on which widget you are trying to add it too. The only compatible widgets that can use display benchmarks are: 

• Simple Chart
  • Gauge Chart
  • Number Chart
  • Simple Chart
  • Pivot Chart

It can be added as a metric once the benchmark is set up but this is the only way you can add it to your results page.

Hi @EricCrayon101 , thank you for the explanation. I have managed to load my benchmark in de Benchmark editor, but it's not available in the Results section. So the question remains: how to (manually or not) add benchmark scores to the widgets in the Results section?

Hello @JohannesCE 

It is possible to screenshot the widget that you are looking at? If you add a metric to the widget there should be a drop down that displays the benchmark metric and the one you have added should be available? Just to double check you did map all benchmark questions to your survey?

Thank you!

Hi @EricCrayon101. Once again, there is nothing to map because this is about the Results tab in the Survey Platfrom, not the CX Dashboard. I know how it works in the Dashboard / Benchmark editor, but what happens there does not affect the widget in the Results tab, or am I wrong?

Here's a screenshot (sorry, it's in dutch). You can see that the benchmark option is not there:

Hello @JohannesCE 

I mentioned before that benchmarks only work with certain types of widgets that are created in the results tab that you are currently in. In this screenshot I would be setting up a simple chart or even a simple table would work. I can see that you are currently using a “table” which is not compatible with the benchmark metric according to Qualtrics. You could try testing out those widgets I mentioned but if they do not appear there I am not sure. 

Hi @EricCrayon101 thank you for your patience :)

Sorry that I didn't notice you mentioned the Simple Table, not the Table. I always ignore the deprecated widgets.

Still, even though I can see the benchmarks option, it is empty.

I am sure I added them in the Benchmark Editor in the Dashboards environment, and I am using them in a Dashboard.

Hello @JohannesCE 

Yeah I am not sure now, this is quite an interesting error but maybe Qualtrics Support can assist you in this? They have a really good team that has help me in the past with a similar issue but apologies I could not provide more insight on this! 

Hello @JohannesCE 

Yeah I am not sure now, this is quite an interesting error but maybe Qualtrics Support can assist you in this? They have a really good team that has help me in the past with a similar issue but apologies I could not provide more insight on this! 

Thanks! I asked them.

Leave a Reply