Is it possible to disable/prevent the warning for users going backwards in surveys using ToC sidebar | XM Community
Solved

Is it possible to disable/prevent the warning for users going backwards in surveys using ToC sidebar

• 22 July 2021
  • 4 replies

Hi experts,
When using a Table of Contents with a sidebar enabled, users get a warning message when attempting to use the 'Back' button. This does not appear when the sidebar is disabled in the Table of Contents Options (while in Survey Flow).
I'd like to use the sidebar without the warning appearing if possible - can this be done?
The warning is: "We'll temporarily save your work, but answers on this page will not be recorded unless you come back and submit this page." it gives two option buttons: "Go Back" and "Stay on Page".
I'm wondering if there's a solution in settings - or javascript workaround to block the function?
Many thanks!

icon

Best answer by ahmedA 27 July 2021, 00:53

View original

4 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +21

You'll need javascript for this. Use a mutation observer to detect it's presence and then click the button.

https://community.qualtrics.com/XMcommunity/discussion/comment/39355#Comment_39355Thanks ahmedA - I'll investigate further with a mutation observer and post back here if I find any detailed steps.

Badge

I am having the same problem and wish to remove warning message when using back button and TOC side bar is enabled. Does anyone have a detailed solution they can provide for this please?

Userlevel 2
Badge +1

I would like to echo Deano's request. The message that appears is confusing, so I would like to either get rid of it or be able to change the text that appears. StuartSays, if you or anyone else has found a way of doing this (e.g., by using a mutation observer), please let us know! Thanks!

Leave a Reply