Adjusting/Reducing the gap between multiple Single Line Text Entry on the same page | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hi there!

In our survey we have participants entering as many words that they can remember into individual Single Line Text Entry boxes. We are using Single Line as they allow us to do the particular type of scoring that we need. Our problem is that there is quite a large gap between each text entry box, and participants are needing to scroll down to enter all of the words. We want to make it as easy as possible for participants to not accidentally enter the same word twice (currently they have to do a bit of scrolling to check what they have previously entered).

In total, we will have 15 text entry boxes.

Thanks very much in advance,

ZajacLab

Here's a picture of what it looks like currently:

!

And here's a picture of our current setup (if that's useful to know):

!
Use form type text entry question
Hi Rondev,

Thanks for your response, but I tried Form Type Text Entry and it doesn't work the same way with scoring as Single Line Text Entry.

Each text entry box is set up to score a correct word entered, and specifically, the place order in the original word list that the word appeared. See my image below for an example. I have 15 separate scoring categories and 15 possible responses for each text entry box. It doesn't look like I can do the same thing with Form Type Text Entry.

!
Paste the below code in the first descriptive question JS onready

`jQuery(".QuestionText , .QuestionBody").css("padding","0px");`
Thanks rondev, really appreciate your help!

I messed around a bit to find the setting that worked best:

` jQuery(".QuestionBody").css({"padding": "0px", "margin-top":"-63px", "margin-bottom":"-68px"});

`

Here's the result:

!

Leave a Reply