Auto advance / display second question on the same screen after response to the first question has been provided | XM Community
Solved

Auto advance / display second question on the same screen after response to the first question has been provided

• 27 February 2024
  • 2 replies

Badge +1

Dear all,

I would like to display a second question on the same screen with another question but only after the first question has been replied to.

The first question is a single select and the second one is meant to be an open text field that wants to understand the reasoning for the answer to the first question, thus it should be displayed underneath the first question once the first question has been answered.

I have tried to auto advance using JS in the first question but that didn’t work.

Can anyone advise?

Thank you!

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 27 February 2024, 09:55

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +24

Hello @EvaZw

Auto-advancement won't function in this scenario. Instead, I recommend implementing display logic on your Text Entry question as follows: 'Q1 - choice 1 - is selected' or 'Q1 - choice 2 - is selected', and so forth for all options in your Q1. Activate the 'In-Page' functionality. Consequently, upon selecting any choice in Q1, a prompt will appear, requesting respondents to specify the reasons for their response.

Let me know if this helps.

Badge +1

Dear @Sachin Nandikol ,

this worked like a charm! Thanks so much, this was super helpful.

All the best,

Eva

Leave a Reply