Changing statements height and width in likert matrix table | XM Community
Skip to main content

I have a matrix table in likert format. In the Preview mode, the rows height (or space between statements) are too large. Is there a way to reduce it, meaning to make the whole table a bit tighter?

Additionally, how can I increase the width of only the first column only?
Thank you in advance!

@Ablenya Add this to the custom CSS

.Skin .Matrix .Likert .MultipleAnswer table td, .Skin .Matrix .Likert .MultipleAnswer table th, .Skin .Matrix .Likert .SingleAnswer table td, .Skin .Matrix .Likert .SingleAnswer table th {
padding: 0px !important;
border-bottom: 0px !important;
}
.c1.BorderColor{
width: 40% !important
}

The padding and border-bottom 0px is for tightness. Change it to what you like. Maybe 5-10px.
Do the same with width of c1 column. 30-40% i think

Hi @dxconnamnguyen,

Thanks a lot for the answer. I have tried to enter this piece of code in a blank template and it does work! However, because I’m using my institution’s Theme, it can’t be implemented in the custom CSS.

It there a way to by pass this issue? I guess If I edit directly in the Javascript code of the question alone it may work? Any ideas on how to?

@Ablenya,

In the editor you can drag the line to the right of the statements to the right to make the statement column wider. However, when you do that it becomes a fixed size (doesn’t adjust for window width) and it can’t be undone (except with JavaScript) - it remains forever fixed.

You might be interested in the formatLikertMatrix function, which formats the statement column by percentage of width.

Leave a Reply