End of survey redirect | XM Community
Solved

End of survey redirect

• 11 December 2018
  • 5 replies

I have a survey embedded within a Learning Management System, when the user completes survey I would like users to redirected back to the LMS course home page, instead after adding course link to ending survey the course home page ends up embedded within the course itself.

Is there a way to avoid this and have the embedded survey close and user be returned to course home page?

Any thoughts on this would be appreciated.
icon

Best answer by Gail 13 December 2018, 20:25

View original

5 replies

Hello @Gail ,

Please follow this - Redirect to a URL
Thanks Shashi, the redirect link works but because the survey itself is embedded within the LMS the home page appears inside itself. A frame within a frame. Ideas on how to simple exit survey and link back within embedding site?
Thanks again Shashi for looking at this - help is always appreciated.

I found the answer myself by creating a custom end of survey message, using the course URL and then choosing Parent Window as the Target choice. It works!! Embeds survey directly into LMS, user clicks link, survey embed window closes and returns user to course home page.
> @Gail said:
> Thanks again Shashi for looking at this - help is always appreciated.
>
> I found the answer myself by creating a custom end of survey message, using the course URL and then choosing Parent Window as the Target choice. It works!! Embeds survey directly into LMS, user clicks link, survey embed window closes and returns user to course home page.

Thanks @Gail for sharing this.
Did this work on all the browsers particularly chrome and IE ?
Yes, and Safari as well.

Leave a Reply