How do I change the spacings between the scale points in a matrix likert scale? | XM Community
Question

How do I change the spacings between the scale points in a matrix likert scale?

• 26 September 2023
  • 5 replies

Badge +1

Hi, I'm trying to change (decrease and increase) the spacings between the scale points in a matrix  likert scale. Does anyone know how that works? 

5 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

There are a few of different things that impact it:

1. The width of the statement column
  2. The width attribute of the cells in the tr.answers row
  3. The left/right padding of the cells the tr.answers row
  4. The font size of the text in those cells
Userlevel 2
Badge +2

To change spacing in Qualtrics Likert scale matrix: Edit the question, go to "Customize," adjust "Vertical" and "Horizontal Spacing." Save changes.

Userlevel 5
Badge +8

The easiest way would be to change it’s width using ‘%’ operator to maintain it throughout devices or any device like below:

jQuery('.c4').css('width','5%')

Badge +2

To change spacing in Qualtrics Likert scale matrix: Edit the question, go to "Customize," adjust "Vertical" and "Horizontal Spacing." Save changes.

Where do you find “Customize”? Could you perhaps show with a print screen? I can’t seem to find it. Thanks!

Badge +2

Where do you find “Customize”? Could you perhaps show with a print screen? I can’t seem to find it. Thanks!

Tagging @Sameer.65

Leave a Reply