How do I show Polling Results from audience using a QR code? | XM Community
Skip to main content
Hello - we would like to create a survey and have the audience interact with it by showing the QR code on the screen(s)/phamplets etc. What is the best way to show the results while the audience is completing the survey? I've looked at the Displaying Live Result article but I'm not sure it's what I am looking for. Maybe this is more of a true Polling system function? Thought I would ask before I said it's not possible. Thanks in advance!!
Hello @KOgles ,

The document you mentioned in the question will show the result after the survey gets completed.

If you want to show the result in the survey question itself, then you need to add an iframe tag in the survey question and have report URL as the "src" attribute of iframe.
Thanks @Shashi, but I don't think that's not quite what I am looking for. I have attached a link for video of an example I found on YouTube. The 20 second - 36 second mark is where the user starts the survey/poll by scanning the QR code on a card. At the 39 second mark is the screen in the meeting room/auditorium where the results are displayed in real time as users complete the survey/poll. Ignore the rest of the video after you see the chart, I did!

If it helps to have a use case - we would like to use the QR code when we have a large group of clients on site for an event. During the event, there will be a large screen with fun questions displayed and the QR codes will be on cards on their tables. The client scans the QR code to respond to a question - (Silly question but hopefully it gives you a mental picture 🙂 )What time zone are you located in? Pacific Time, Moutain Time, Central Time, Eastern Time. Then as they respond the main screen would have the results displayed in a bar chart.
> @KOgles said:

> Thanks @Shashi, but I don't think that's not quite what I am looking for. I have attached a link for video of an example I found on YouTube. The 20 second - 36 second mark is where the user starts the survey/poll by scanning the QR code on a card. At the 39 second mark is the screen in the meeting room/auditorium where the results are displayed in real time as users complete the survey/poll. Ignore the rest of the video after you see the chart, I did!

>

> If it helps to have a use case - we would like to use the QR code when we have a large group of clients on site for an event. During the event, there will be a large screen with fun questions displayed and the QR codes will be on cards on their tables. The client scans the QR code to respond to a question - (Silly question but hopefully it gives you a mental picture 🙂 )What time zone are you located in? Pacific Time, Moutain Time, Central Time, Eastern Time. Then as they respond the main screen would have the results displayed in a bar chart.

Thanks for the demo video!

This is absolutely doable.

Step 1. Create a survey get it QR code of anonymous link, if you want you can also create a contact list with random number in it and have authenticator in the survey. Now this random unique numbers will be present on the card ( as show in the video )

Step 2. From the reports tab of survey create a report as required ( i.e bar charts ) and get the public URL of the report and display this web page over the main screen. ( Note : Since report web page doesn't get auto updated, you need to refresh the page periodically )

Let us know if I am missing something
Thanks @Shashi! I was thinking I could use the reports as you suggested but was hoping for a _magical_ way to show the data live instead of refreshing.

Ah well, can't always have it all 😶 Thanks for your help, I do appreciate it!

Leave a Reply