Javascript help needed: customising timing question to autoadvance based on an embedded data | XM Community
Skip to main content

Hi all,

I am new to programming and could very much use your help.

I have two blocks, each containing multiple questions, and each question is accompanied by a timing question, and then there is a page break. In the survey flow, I've incorporated embedded data for each timing question on Block 1. Additionally, I've included another set of embedded data that calculates their average, along with another set that calculates their standard deviation. Ultimately, this enables me to compute the variable of interest, let's refer to it as embedded data X: (The average time a person took on the timing questions on Block 1 + 2SD). For each timing question on this block, I want to establish a condition where, if individuals spend more time on that page (indicated by the timing question page submit) than their custom embedded data X, the page automatically advances to the next question. The Qualtrics support team has indicated that this cannot be achieved without JavaScript, which unfortunately, I lack sufficient knowledge to implement. Any guidance would be greatly appreciated!

Thank you in advance!

Help not needed anymore, anyone with similar problem can contact me 😊

Leave a Reply