Remove lines with no answers in workflow email | XM Community
Question

Remove lines with no answers in workflow email

• 18 March 2024
  • 0 replies

Badge +3

Used a workflow email task on a loop & merge project to generate a report for a project using pipped text. It needs to be in a very specific format and that was the easiest place I found to do it (the report builder is NOT user friendly). This is what it comes out looking like:

NAME

Education
Degree information:
Enter information for one degree at a time, these questions will loop for you to enter the same data for each degree you've earned., vibes, usf, 2001
Ph.D., fun, usf, 2023
, , ,
, , ,

Academic and Professional Experience
usf, eve, advisor, 2001 - 2003
, , , -
, , , -
, , , -

Can someone help me figure out how to code this so those extra lines arent there? If the loop stops, the extra commas and lines aren’t needed. How do I get it to just show if there is data/loop??

this is what my pipped text looks like:

${q://QID26/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}

Education
${q://1_QID5/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}, ${q://1_QID2/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://1_QID3/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://1_QID4/ChoiceTextEntryValue}
${q://2_QID5/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}, ${q://2_QID2/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://2_QID3/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://2_QID4/ChoiceTextEntryValue}
${q://3_QID5/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}, ${q://3_QID2/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://3_QID3/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://3_QID4/ChoiceTextEntryValue}
${q://4_QID5/ChoiceGroup/SelectedChoices}, ${q://4_QID2/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://4_QID3/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://4_QID4/ChoiceTextEntryValue}

Academic and Professional Experience
${q://1_QID13/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://1_QID8/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://1_QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://1_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/1}-${q://1_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/2}
${q://2_QID13/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://2_QID8/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://2_QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://2_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/1}-${q://2_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/2}
${q://3_QID13/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://3_QID8/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://3_QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://3_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/1}-${q://3_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/2}
${q://4_QID13/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://4_QID8/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://4_QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://4_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/1}-${q://4_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/2}
${q://5_QID13/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://5_QID8/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://5_QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://5_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/1}-${q://5_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/2}
${q://6_QID13/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://6_QID8/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://6_QID9/ChoiceTextEntryValue}, ${q://6_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/1}-${q://6_QID10/ChoiceTextEntryValue/1/2}

Any insight or direction would be greatly appreciated. thank you for your time.

0 replies

Be the first to reply!

Leave a Reply