Simple Layout - No JQuery? | XM Community
Solved

Simple Layout - No JQuery?

• 8 August 2023
  • 9 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

I fear I know the answer, but just to be sure:

We are converting a survey to Simple Layout. In the Authenticator Prompt message we have some JQuery we use to make some edits to the Authenticator page. Hiding progress bar, moving some divs, etc.

As far as I can tell this no longer works on simple layout, even after changing css id and class references to match the new ones used in Simple Layout.

I’m hoping that I’m just being dense and can’t figure out the code, but if someone can confirm that we can’t use Jquery on the authenticator page, I can move on to finding an alternative solution.

TIA!

icon

Best answer by ArunDubey 8 August 2023, 11:42

View original

9 replies

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

Simply call jquery library (mentioned below) in your look and feel header (source) page option. Then try your code again.

<script src = "https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script>

Userlevel 7
Badge +27

Hi @ccosart ,

you are correct jQuery no longer works in simple layout as of now.

but as @ArunDubey pointed out you can call jQuery library it in header.

Userlevel 4
Badge +6

Thank you!

I assumed it was something proactively disabling it. Glad this worked.

Chris

Badge

I tried adding the code to the header but still Jquery is not working in the simple layout. Is there any other suggestion on what I can try?

Userlevel 7
Badge +20

I tried adding the code to the header but still Jquery is not working in the simple layout. Is there any other suggestion on what I can try?

How exactly are you adding it? On the header → source mode

Badge

Yes, I am adding it to the source mode.

Userlevel 7
Badge +33

hi @ros44 , do one thing. duplicate your survey change the layout and then check if same jQuery code is working in that layout or not. 

Badge

Hi @ArunDubey. I checked it. the jQuery works if I select other layout. However, it doesn’t work with Simple layout even if I load the library in header.

Userlevel 3
Badge +10

Hey,

I think I have the same issue with the code for hidding “Powered by Qualtrics”. It doesn’t work with the simple layout.

<script src = "https://ajax.googleapis.com/ajax/libs/jquery/3.2.1/jquery.min.js"></script><script type="text/javascript">
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function() {
jQuery('#Plug').attr('style', 'display:none !important');
});
</script>

I tried to call sur jquery library before it but still not working.

Thanks for your help

Leave a Reply