sliding scale bar question format | XM Community
Skip to main content

Am designing a survey using sliding scale bars. Would like the numeric scale labels AND descriptive labels to appear underneath the scale bar as opposed to above. Pictured is what I currently see. Qualtrics support confirmed this would need a custom code to accomplish. 

Ideally both the numbers and the descriptions (“Light sleep,” “Deep sleep”) would be below the sliding bar. 

Hi,

See this post and answer by @Rudi : 

@vgayraud Thank you so much! The code you provided in that answer for multiple sliding scale questions worked. Specifically the one from this reply https://community.qualtrics.com/custom%2Dcode%2D12/adjust%2Dthe%2Dscale%2Dpoints%2Dlocation%2Din%2Da%2Dslider%2Dquestion%2D18741?postid=46505#post46505 

When I use that code it looks like this 

I would like it if, ideally, the numbers were directly under the scale bar and then the labels “light sleep, deep sleep” were underneath the numbers. Could you potentially provide the code for this?

Thank you so much!!

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnReady(function()
{

jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" ul.labels").insertAfter("#"+this.questionId+" div.slider-container");
jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" ul.numbers").insertAfter("#"+this.questionId+" div.slider-container");

});

Thank you sooo much!! :-)

Leave a Reply