Typing tool value trucncate | XM Community
Skip to main content

I'm currently working on a typing tool within a survey, performing mathematical calculations in the survey flow. Some values, approximately ranging from 14 to 15 after the decimal point, are getting truncated during testing.

Any one please assist me in understanding why these values are being truncated?

The language used to perform math operations must use double-precision floating-point format numbers. It’s very common and I wouldn’t say it’s a Qualtrics limitation.

I’m not sure what you’re trying to achieve with the typing tool but if you want more precision you’ll need to use custom javascript with math libraries (decimal.js, bignumber.js)

1. If you have ftp path using filezila then you can try to use web services using json code for calculating typing tool and can save the final segment and value and post it back to survey embedded field.
  2. Still you are using jQuery to calculate typing tool then you should use parseFloat instead of Int and fix the decimal range using .toFixed(n), where n=range of decimal.
    • e.g.:let Number = 5.4321;
    • let n = Number.toFixed(7);
    • output: 5.4321000

you can set the longest range of decimal using toFixed function and can capture the value.

1. If you are using OE box to save the value numeric value, then set the custom validation property as number and set the maximum range of decimal values under range option.

Leave a Reply