Why embedded variables are not vreated and piped in using Mobile view? | XM Community
Skip to main content

Why embedded variables are not created and piped in using the Mobile view in Qualtrics Preview Mode?

Hi!

I am creating embbeded variables with java script. I am testing that this variables are piped in the questions where I decide to. From Preview mode, using the arrows to submit a response I saw that I created and piped in the embbeded variable in the correct place. But if I turn on the mobile view and use the arrows there to submit the response, the embbeded variable is not piped in the question. Why this happens and how can I resolve?

I am using the follow code to get the response. 

Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.addOnPageSubmit(function() {

jQuery("#"+this.questionId+" input:checked").each(function(i) {
Qualtrics.SurveyEngine.setEmbeddedData("Sedat"+(i+1),
jQuery(this).closest("li").find(".LabelWrapper>label>span").text());
});

});

My thinking is that the submit button not applies for mobile view. Is that correct? How to make that even in the mobile view I can piped the embbeded variable using its submit buttons?

Thanks!

JA 

@Josang 

Yes, Qualtrics behaves differently in mobile view  But on actual mobile the JS works perfectly. 

Hope it helps!

You could try testing with the anonymous link on a mobile device to ensure the piped text is working correctly there. Just make sure to delete your test responses after. 

I hope you have created embbeded variable in the surveyflow as well. Also, I would suggest checking on your actual mobile phone instead of using the mobile view option on the desktop.

Leave a Reply