Directory Segments in Dashboards | XM Community
Solved

Directory Segments in Dashboards

• 4 August 2021
  • 3 replies

Hello!
I'm currently attempting to link a dashboard to a directory's segments list. When I initially click on apply filter, and select the directory, everything seems like it should work. However, I never actually get any segment ID's to be able to select, as it always continues to show "all" and only that.
When I go in to the data sources, I find that "SegmentIds" comes up as "not mapped". If I attempt to add an additional data source for "Segments for POOL_XXXXXXXXXX", it auto-populates the SegmentIds and ContactId for the new data source, but when I attempt to Save, I get the following error:
Failed to update dataset. {"error":"object did not pass validation","detail":"mapping for the given fieldId is already defined in the joinmap"}
Has anyone been able to successfully filter any dashboards by directory segments, or have run in to this issue and was able to solve it?

icon

Best answer by AmaraW 15 September 2021, 20:29

View original

3 replies

Badge +48

Hmmm, southboundphoenix this sounds like it may not be intended functionality. If you have not yet already, we’d recommend reaching out to our Support team about your mapping, as they are best equipped to handle an issue like this!

Badge

I also tried to get Director segments mapped to my dashboard. It showed up as SegmentIDs but when I went to map it to the data source, nothing relevant showed up. I got the same error message that it was already connected with “joinmap” but no idea what that means or is. Very technical. If anyone has insight about how to pull in segments into the dashboard reports, please let me know. Thanks!

Badge +4

I have the same problem and actually don’t understand how to map the XM Directory Segments to the dashboard properly. When applying Directory Segments to the dashboard there was automatically a field called “segmentIds” added to the Dashboard Data but I can’t use this field in any way, but for filtering in the dashboard. When adding a filter with the selected field “segmentIds” I only see a list of segmentIDs, which in no way can be recoded, since the field in the dashboard data settings is useless. 

Would be very interesting to hear if anyone managed to use the XM Directory segments in the dashboard as intended. 

Leave a Reply