Issue with Translation Reversion in CX Dashboards | XM Community
Question

Issue with Translation Reversion in CX Dashboards

• 14 February 2024
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Hi! We utilize a dashboard template for creating new dashboards within Qualtrics CX. This template consists of numerous pages and widgets, and I have translated it into Dutch by switching my account settings from English to Dutch.

The problem arises when I make a copy of the template. Text that was originally in Dutch reverts back to English. This issue has occurred previously, and although I have ensured that the template is correctly translated in both Dutch and English versions, when making a copy, various widgets display text in English despite my platform settings being in Dutch.

It seems that the reversion may be related to text modifications made on the front end rather than within the translation file. Strangely, exporting the labels from the correctly translated template results in them appearing correctly in the Excel file. However, when making a copy of the template, the first page defaults to English. Importing the Excel file of the template doesn't resolve this issue.

I need assistance in understanding why this reversion to English occurs during the copy process and how to ensure that copied templates maintain the correct language settings consistently.

Ideas?

4 replies

Badge

I'm encountering the same issue. Despite setting my account language to Dutch and ensuring that the template is correctly translated, text reverts back to English when making a copy. It's frustrating because I've tried various methods, including exporting/importing the translations, but the problem persists. If anyone has insights or solutions to maintain consistent language settings in copied templates, I'd greatly appreciate it.

Badge

Hi there! I'm also encountering this issue. It's quite frustrating to see text revert back to English despite ensuring the template is correctly translated and the platform settings are in Dutch. I've noticed that even after exporting the labels and ensuring they're correctly translated in the Excel file, the copied template still defaults to English on the first page.

It seems like there might be some glitch during the copy process that causes this language reversion, especially with text modifications made on the front end. Have you found any workaround or solution to ensure that copied templates maintain the correct language settings consistently? Any insights or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

Userlevel 6
Badge +12

Good to hear we're not alone. No workaround yet, and support has been silent for more than a week now. If you find a way, please share!

Hi there! I'm also encountering this issue. It's quite frustrating to see text revert back to English despite ensuring the template is correctly translated and the platform settings are in Dutch. I've noticed that even after exporting the labels and ensuring they're correctly translated in the Excel file, the copied template still defaults to English on the first page.

It seems like there might be some glitch during the copy process that causes this language reversion, especially with text modifications made on the front end. Have you found any workaround or solution to ensure that copied templates maintain the correct language settings consistently? Any insights or ideas would be greatly appreciated!

I am also facing this issue  text revert back to English despite ensuring the template is correctly translated and the platform settings are in Dutch.

Leave a Reply