Text iQ on dashboard: How to exclude incomplete survey responses? | XM Community
Solved

Text iQ on dashboard: How to exclude incomplete survey responses?

• 23 April 2024
  • 6 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Dear XM Community,

When I was setting up Text iQ on my dashboard, I noticed that incomplete survey responses were also included in the analysis. I would very much appreciate it if anyone could advise me how to filter only completed responses (Survey Metadata “Finished = Yes”) to be analyzed. 

Thank you for your help in advance.

Miho

icon

Best answer by Sachin Nandikol 23 April 2024, 09:57

View original

6 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @MihoSato,

To filter only completed responses in your dashboard, you can use the ‘Finished’ field in the Survey Metadata. Please follow the below steps:

1. Navigate to your dashboard.
  2. Click on the Filters button at the top of the dashboard.
  3. Click on Add Filter.
  4. In the filter options, select Survey Metadata.
  5. From the dropdown, select Finished.
  6. Set the operator to Equals.
  7. Set the value to True.
  8. Click Apply.

This will filter your dashboard to only show completed responses.

Let me know if this works.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Sachin Nandikol , thank you for your reply. 

Unfortunately, filter works on dashboard pages but not on Text iQ on dashboard…

Miho

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @MihoSato,

Try below steps:

1. Enter your dashboard or create a new one.
  2. Go to the settings.
  3. Select Dashboard Data.
  4. Click Add Field.
  5. Name your field (for example, ‘Completed Responses’).
  6. Click where it says Not Mapped.
  7. Select Show All.
  8. Under Survey Metadata, select the field named ‘Finished’.
  9. Change the field type to ‘Text Set’ or ‘Multi-Answer Text Set’ as appropriate.
  10. Once you've added the field, click Save.

Now, when you're in the Text iQ section of your dashboard, you can add a filter to only include responses where ‘Finished’ is ‘True’. This will ensure that only completed responses are included in your Text iQ analysis.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Sachin Nandikol 

I’ve added a new field as advised, but I still cannot see filter function in Text iQ section in the dashboard… Please find below the screenshot of Text iQ section. Could you please let me know how I could use the filter function?

Thank you for your support in advance.

Miho

Userlevel 6
Badge +21

Hello @MihoSato

I apologize for the confusion. Currently, Qualtrics does not support the ability to directly apply filters within the Text iQ section of the dashboard. The Text iQ analysis in the dashboard will include all responses, both complete and incomplete. 

However, you can apply filters to individual widgets that display Text iQ data. When adding or editing a widget, look for a filter or "Add Filter" option. Here, you can add a filter for ‘Completed Responses’ is ‘True’. This will ensure that the widget only displays Text iQ analysis for completed responses.

If you need to perform Text iQ analysis on only completed responses, you may want to consider doing this in the Data & Analysis tab of your survey project, where you can apply filters to the data before performing Text iQ analysis.

Userlevel 1
Badge +4

Hi @Sachin Nandikol 

Thank you for clarifying. Now I see that filters are not available within the Text iQ section of the dashboard. I’ll create a Text iQ widgets in dashboard instead. Thank you so much for your kind support. Much appreciated.

Miho

Leave a Reply