Dynamically creating Qualtrics contact/mailing lists from Salesforce | XM Community
Solved

Dynamically creating Qualtrics contact/mailing lists from Salesforce

• 19 April 2023
  • 2 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

The company I work for uses Qualtrics for academic peer review of textbooks. My team uses Qualtrics XM Directory lists to have multiple people in one email distribution, and to then send out scheduled reminders to unfinished respondents part of that distribution.

As the respondents are academics with expertise that makes them suitable to review specific draft content in textbooks, there has to be a careful selection process of a curated review panel prior to the survey being distributed. We typically want a small number of respondents for any given survey (5-10) and prefer to send survey links or email distributions out in one hit.

We’re moving to using Salesforce as a means of managing review panels under the Campaign object, which will involve adding potential panelists as campaign members to a given campaign. We have access to the Qualtrics Salesforce integration, and I’m hoping that we can use the following—Triggering & Emailing Surveys in Salesforce or Updating Contacts in Qualtrics—as a way to automate the creation and population of Qualtrics contact lists, with embedded data fed by the details of campaign members who meet certain criteria, and with XM Directory lists existing in a 1–1 relationship with campaign member lists.

Thanks to the above-linked article, I do understand how Salesforce outbound messages can trigger Qualtrics workflows to add contacts to a directory. However, I am wondering if there’s any way that Salesforce flows can be use to create Qualtrics contact lists.

The workflow I have in my head looks something like this:

First

New campaign with certain criteria marking it as suited for Qualtrics integration is created → 

new Qualtrics contact list is automatedly generated, ideally with same name as Salesforce campaign

Then

Academic is considered suitable for review panel, so is asked by email if they would like to participate → 

Salesforce contact added manually as campaign member to given campaign → 

Academic accepts invitation by email → 

Campaign member marked manually as ‘accepted’ → 

triggers Salesforce flow with outbound message to Qualtrics endpoint → 

Qualtrics workflow creates new contact specifically in Qualtrics contact list corresponding to existing Salesforce campaign → 

Once adequate number of campaign members/contacts exist in list, user manually distributes survey via Qualtrics email method

Lastly - not part of this question

Survey responses contain embedded data including Salesforce contact ID and campaign object ID → on submission these map back to Salesforce

Is this possible? If it’s important, I’m afraid I have no experience working directly with the Qualtrics API, but am willing to try.

Thanks so much in advance :) 

icon

Best answer by CxEx 23 April 2023, 15:50

View original

2 replies

Userlevel 4
Badge +12

In this case you have to work with your developer team to use APIs to create automated process which include extracting list from Salesforce and than using import API to import in contact list. You can refer qualtrics api guide on support portal. 

Userlevel 1
Badge +2

In this case you have to work with your developer team to use APIs to create automated process which include extracting list from Salesforce and than using import API to import in contact list. You can refer qualtrics api guide on support portal. 

Thanks @CxEx. I’m working on developing API requests to do just that. Seems that the workflow I’m hoping to set up isn’t workable within the Salesforce extension for Qualtrics, but that the API functionality will allow it.

Leave a Reply