Text iQ Topics: Can You Share Topics Between Questions in the Same Survey | XM Community
Question

Text iQ Topics: Can You Share Topics Between Questions in the Same Survey

• 13 September 2023
  • 4 replies

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

I have successfully created a multi-level topic hierarchy for one question in my survey. It works great. I want to use this same topic hierarchy for a different question in the same survey. Can I do that in straightforward way, or do I have to export/import and therefore maintain them separately? 

Thanks.

4 replies

Userlevel 6
Badge +14

These instructions show how to export your topics created for one question into a JSON file. You can then import the JSON file into the other question to get the same topic hierarchy. https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text-iq/topics-in-text-iq/#ExportingTopics

Badge +30

You can export the topics and import them in your new questions:

https://www.qualtrics.com/support/survey-platform/data-and-analysis-module/text-iq/topics-in-text-iq/#ExportingTopics

Userlevel 1
Badge +1

Thanks for these answers. I know I can export and import but am wondering if there is a more efficient way of sharing topics between questions. Exporting/Importing the same topics also means double maintenance of the topics. I want to use the same hierarchy of topics for two different questions in the same survey. And if I need to update the topics in any way, I don’t want to have to do it twice - I’m sure over time maintaining separate hierarchies will lead them to get out of sync.

Userlevel 2
Badge +10

Would love to see this as a new feature...even sharing topics across a variety of surveys. We have a site wide survey, but then also have a general feedback survey and we leverage the same topics. So if there is a change to one, then I have to change to another. Would be amazing to have a “library” or sorts of topics that you can access for any question or survey!

Leave a Reply