Calculation of Scores / Percentage Result at the end | XM Community
Skip to main content
Solved

Calculation of Scores / Percentage Result at the end

• 7 July 2024
  • 2 replies

Hi!

Do anybody know, how to grab the value for the sum of possible points in the endresult of a scoring?

I need to rebuild the 83.9% as a dashboard result. But in the dataset is just the “470” for the score.
I can also grab the count of items, but this didn´t works as a denominator, because every question has a different score and I can´t use a fix number, because the count of questions changed by the display logic. So both values are dynamic in my case.
And different score categories for each options don´t works, because there are hundreds of them.

But Qualtrics can do this, like you see above. It´s sums up the possible points. But where are they or the result (if possible, as piped text) ?

Thanks a lot!

Clemens

2 replies

Badge +9

Hi @Clemens ,

How about creating an embedded data “totalpotentialfullscore” that adds up all the potential score of each question if question is displayed? Then, you can use this embedded data through piped text.

For illustration purpose only.

However, this depends on your condition for displaying question and only works before the survey is attempted, unlike scoring in the survey option.

Badge +1

Hi @Chee Heng_SZ !

Thanks for your answer and it is a interesting solution. It´s a rebuilding of the scoring. Problem is, that I have 600 “Quiz”-Questions and I had to create 600 Branch-Flow-Items for this problem. That´s something I try to avoid, specially if I know that there is a solution, build in.
But thanks a lot for your thoughts. Perhaps there is no other way.

Leave a Reply