Check-in form - sending check in name to contact list, authenticating and excluding that name from subsequent check in - having trouble | XM Community
Question

Check-in form - sending check in name to contact list, authenticating and excluding that name from subsequent check in - having trouble

• 7 May 2024
  • 1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

I’ve been working on a check in form for large events where desk staff can select a person’s name from a dropdown and submit it to check them in, but if there are subsequent attempts to check that name in, it ends the survey and says they are already checked in.

There are hundreds of names, so managing display logic for every name is not feasible. What I am attempting to do is to set the selected name as embedded data (“SelectedGuest”), record that name as the External Data Reference field in a contact list through an XM Directory trigger, then call that field back in through a pre-fill authenticator using that contact list where if it passes (if the name is already on the list), it pulls that External Data Reference field into the survey. Then, I use a branch that says “if embedded data field “SelectedGuest” is equal to the imported embedded data field “External Data Reference”, branch to an end of survey message that says they were already checked in.

This works great on the first and second attempts selecting that name (1st attempt = successful check in, 2nd attempt = “guest already check in” message), but on the 3rd attempt, it lets that name be checked in a second time and records them a second time on the contact list. Can’t quite figure out what is causing it. Any ideas?

1 reply

Userlevel 2
Badge +8

For what it’s worth, my workaround is using block with a text/description item stating that the guest was already checking in and removing the “NEXT/PREVIOUS” buttons through JavaScript and replacing the End of Survey in the Survey Flow with this block. This seems to work fine as it’s not allowing the subsequent submission, but I’m still curious as to why the other method is not working.

Leave a Reply